Great learning needs an engaged community
inspirEd is our Community for teachers, mentors and community partners to foster a network of innovators in education.
This Community is your secret sauce; your incubator for great ideas; your instant crowdsourcing tool; your digital and in-person conference that has its foundation in community first.
After seeing years of inaction in the education system and individual torchbearers getting burnt out through lack of support, we decided it was time for a different model: community supported Learning Experiences for any student offered by any teacher at any school.
What if you didn't have to figure it out alone?
What if there was one place we could go to gain knowledge and insight from actual experts; a no-fluff, deep dive, action-focused community that understood our daily stresses and challenges and empowered us to overcome them together?
In inspirEd you will discover:
- A community of like minded passionate innovator-teachers
- A focus on evolving how you teach your students to a more engaging, project oriented model
- Courses to teaching you how to co-design new Learning Experiences you can use with your students right away.
- Discover a diverse group of business, non-profit and Higher Ed members to share their experience with you and your students.
- An expanding resource of groups, courses and experts to tap into.
Learn to design Collaborative Student Learning Experiences that will help your students develop their own unique talents to succeed at 'life'.
- Explore existing Learning Experiences such as 'Adopt A Storm Drain' and plan how you will use it in the context of your school
- Discuss with educators who have used the project before you.
- Join a cohort of educator Fellows to design a new Learning Experience (we'll be your guide all the way).
- Develop your own concept during the Learning Experience design Masterclass.
- Regular office hours with Learn Deep and invited community partners (see calendar).
- Featured educators and VIP guests sharing their experience designing and working with students in a Collaborative Learning environment.
You should consider joining us if you:
- Have been wanting to offer your students better, more engaging Learning Experiences.
- Believe in the potential of multi-disciplinary Learning Experiences.
- Love pioneering, learning and growing together with peers and students.
- Want to push your educator competency to the next level.
- Help build a meaningful regional community that practices uniquely Collaborative PBL in SE Wisconsin.
When is InspirEd not a good fit for you?
- If you believe in a focus on teaching academic subjects for the purpose of getting kids into college.
- If you don't think offering hands-on experiences make a difference in kids' learning what matters to them.
- If you don't believe inviting business and non-profit domain experts to share their story is helpful for kids' learning.
- If you think school is doing fine and kids just need to work hard(er).
Ready to explore inspirEd?
We are implementing our vision for inspirEd, the Collaborative Learning Community in a thoughtful approach to make sure we 'get it right'. This means you'll have significant input in the culture, content and collaboration that is inspirEd.
Go ahead, click on the button and get your application process started.
We'll send you an invite to welcome you as part of our next cohort. We'll ask you to answer a few questions that give us a sense of what you are hoping to 'get' and 'give' as a member. When you are accepted as an inspirEd member, we may communicate with you from time to time by email about inspirEd. You'll have the opportunity to opt out at any time.
See you soon!
Pete and Joost